Based in Swindon
This will be a key role within the organisation and will lead our passionate and dedicated retail team, therefore we’re looking for a suitable character to complement our existing team, with a clear focus on putting customers at the heart of everything, along with energy and enthusiasm and a genuine passion for what they do. Responsible for maximising sales and profitability of the Swindon Town retail offering including the club shop, online website and external retail partnerships and ensuring service excellence is achieved throughout the customer journey. The candidate will be required to contribute to events and promotions that increase retail sales and the reputation of the club locally and nationally both on and off the pitch.
• Maximising sales and profitability to deliver agreed targets.
• Delivering controllable costs to within given budget e.g. payroll / in-store supplies.
• Driving high standards of Service Excellence, merchandise display and store operations.
• Optimising sales opportunities by ensuring all outlets hold correct stock levels. • Investigating and delivering opportunities to retail products outside of stores.
• Ensuring sales are maximised by actively seeking new sales revenue opportunities,
• Proactively seek to build relationships with colleagues and build the profile of the operation
• Regular monitoring of high street shops and other football clubs to ensure that Swindon Town is correctly competing in terms of price, quality and aesthetic appearance.
• Plan and co-ordinate competitions, online sales and promotions.
• Undertake analysis of sales to provide regular weekly and monthly reporting demonstrating progress against revenue and profit targets
• Developing a culture and ethos of up-selling and cross selling
• To grow the Swindon Town retail footprint and revenues through innovative local, national and global partnerships, sales channels and outlets
• Development and management of strategic retail calendar with impactful seasonal campaigns and optimised product ranges for key football dates (e.g. new kit launch)
• To source, develop, market and sell innovative, commercial and profitable new product lines on an ongoing basis working alongside Senior Management
• Maintain appropriate levels of store staffing
• A retail specialist with a proven track record of growing sales year on year
• A demonstrable record of consistently achieving sales targets and budgets
• Experience of working in a dynamic sales environment, within the retail industry and an understanding and application of retail ‘best practice’
• Excellent supplier, partner, manufacturer communication and relationship-building skills
• Commercially astute and highly numerate
• Experience of analysing retail figures: cash flows, P&L, product margins, stock reports, etc.
• High quality report writing and presentation skills
• Track-record in successfully marketing and promoting retail products; in-store/online
• Strategic thinking with long-term perspective. An ability to turn insight into business opportunities and successes
• High levels of professionalism and integrity
• An excellent team player, work in the spirit of a ‘team’
• Self-motivated and energetic and with strong negotiation and influencing skills, with a trackrecord of successfully communicating at all levels
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Implement standards required to meet/exceed customer expectations
• Have a flexible approach to work and the ability to work weekends and evenings
• Strong IT/Retail system/computer skills
• Interest and background in the football/sports/leisure industry would be advantageous
Send us a bit of information about yourself, and some key information that you believe will be of benefit to your application, and we'll get back in touch with you!