Based in Southampton
This role is for an experienced, dynamic and driven Software Architect to be part of a team that leads the technical design and delivery of software projects at. We are looking for the right candidate to bring his/her knowledge and experience to help us both develop new solutions and influence the maintenance of solutions for both internal and external stakeholders. There will be opportunities to work on different technologies and to expand skills and knowledge. Experience in the retail or loyalty sector would be advantageous. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing software company with strong ambitions and to bring your own skills and ideas to the team. We are looking for eager, self-motivated individuals who thrive on learning and problem solving, who are up for a challenge and want to make a difference.
• Designing, implementing and reviewing architectural solutions
• Setting and ensuring the right standards are expected and delivered
• Leading the new and ongoing development on key systems for both internal and external stakeholders
• Responding to customer incidents and resolving service-affecting issues
• Coach, support, and mentor developers to improve over time
• Promoting a strong adherence to standards and oversight – practice and guidance
• Promoting a team culture and continuous improvement
• Identifying improvements, planning and estimating work, designing architectures and implementing solutions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong experience working with C# and Microsoft .Net Framework / .Net Core using SOLID principles or a good understanding of how to apply them
• Excellent communication skills, recognising influence over authority
• Excellent documentation skills, using both written and diagrammatic mediums to enable developers to easily deliver soundly architected, reliable, performant and secure solutions.
• Good level of experience of working with RESTful Web APIs
• In depth understanding of dependency injection and IoC
• Excellent understanding of Unit testing
• Professional experience working with source control and CI tools such as team city
ADDITIONAL SKILLS PREFERRED
Some experience of AWS, notably Lambda and serverless development would be advantageous
A working knowledge of firewalls, networking, and DNS would be advantageous
Send us a bit of information about yourself, and some key information that you believe will be of benefit to your application, and we'll get back in touch with you!